EGH SLIDESHOW
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Feeling Alive in Bishop
I was transferred last week to Bishop, a smaller town close to the Nevada boarder. It has been such a great experience here. The ward is pretty small, with only about 40 members attending every week, but the people are so wonderful. We are teaching quite a few people and most of them are progressing well. We also have an Indian reservation in our area, so we are teaching a few native Americans too! Its a really cool experience, because we are teaching them through the Book of Mormon, which is a record of their ancestors. Its really neat to be able to teach some of the literal descendants of Lehi and his family. My companion is Elder Ackley... Sound familiar? Well, it should, because I was his companion before. I actually was his trainer about a year ago. It is so cool to be his companion again. We get along so well and we teach really well together. Needless to say, I'm loving life! I'm so glad to be free from all the drama and office work from before and get to totally focus on my area again. It is such a blessing; I haven't felt this alive in a long time! I just wanted to share a quick message about conference since it is coming up this weekend. Two conferences ago, Jeffery R. Holland said: "In the wide variety of sermons given (in general conference) is the assumption that there will be something for everyone... If we teach by the Spirit and you listen by the Spirit, some one of us will touch on your circumstance, sending a personal prophetic epistle just to you." I have had some amazing answers come to me when I have listened to conference looking for answers to some of my questions that have been on my mind lately. Like Elder Holland said, I know that if we listen to conference by the spirit, God will send a message directly to us. I would encourage you all to take a question to general conference, and carefully wait for the answer to come. It may not be something the speaker specifically says; it will very likely be something the spirit tells you. I hope we all have an amazing conference experience this weekend! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment