WHAT IS THE MOST COMMON DINNER THAT PEOPLE FEED YOU IN THEIR HOMES?
Lasagne and Tacos. Not at the same time, but yeah.
WHERE DO YOU GO TO ANSWER EMAILS?
We have a member who gives us the key to their house. We use their computer to send emails. The computer is located in their office.
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE TO ANSWER EMAILS ON A TYPICAL P-DAY?
Only an hour or two.
DO YOU KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS?
Yes. Our neighbor is a mean cop. He bangs on the wall if we make the slightest noise.
HAS AN INVESTIGATOR EVER ASKED YOU A QUESTION THAT STUMPED YOU? [R.J.'S QUESTION.]
Nope. I know everything. Yeah, right. Seriously, though, it's pretty rare. Most people ask simple questions. When it happens, we invite them to ask God that question in prayer. That has worked every time. Because God does know everythig and always answers.
ARE YOU GETTIING ALONG WITH YOUR COMPANION?
Yes. Of course we disagree sometimes...but we usually get along very well.
ARE YOU TESTING YOUR BLOOD SUGAR FOUR TIMES A DAY?
Yes. Let me guess...Mom's question? Just kidding, Mom.
HAVE YOU GIVEN ANY TALKS IN YOUR RIDGECREST WARD?
Yes. Three in fact.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU VISIT THE MISSION HOME?
Never. I have never been there before.
HAVE YOU BEEN FEELING WELL?
Yes. I had a bad sinus infection a while ago, but now I'm good.
WHAT IS YOUR COMPANION DOING RIGHT NOW?
Lying in bed.
PLEASE DESCRIBE A TYPICAL P-DAY.
We wake up and play basketball, then go shopping, then laundry, then emails and appointments for the rest of the day.
WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR LUNCH? [KATHRYN'S QUESTION.]
Usually sandwiches or mac and cheese.
DO YOU EVER GET TO PLAY THE PIANO? [EMILY'S QUESTION.]
Yes. Rarely, though. Twice a month if I'm lucky.
HAVE THERE BEEN ANY HABITS OR QUIRKS YOUR COMPANIONS HAVE HAD THAT WERE HARD TO DEAL WITH?
Yes. Sometimes they don't follow the rules very well, but most of the time they are great.
DO YOU STILL EAT AT MEMBER'S HOMES NEARLY EVERY NIGHT?
Yes.
HAVE YOU LEARNED TO COOK ANYTHING?
Not really. We get fed every night and only have time for quick things for breakfast and lunch.
HAVE YOU HAD ANY REALLY BAD BOUTS OF HOMESICKNESS?
Yes.
WHAT'S THE MOST INTERESTING THING YOU'VE LEARNED FROM ONE OF YOUR COMPANIONS? [LIAM'S QUESTION.]
About different cultures and ways of life. One of the missionaries I lived with is an immigrant. He crossed the border of Mexico with his family. He told me about how hard and scary it was. I never thought about it before.
WHAT'S THE MOST ENTERTAINING THING IN YOUR APARTMENT?
We have a guitar. But we hardly ever get to play it.
ARE YOU READY TO BE PREPARED? [KATHRYN'S QUESTION.]
Yes. Uh...what?
HAVE YOU LEARNED ANY SPANISH FROM YOUR COMPANIONS?
Yes. Mas o menos. No hablo Espanol, pero comprendo un poquito.
ARE THE MEMBERS HELPING YOU GET CONTACTS?
Yes. They are, but most of them don't. I wish we had more help. If you EVER meet someone who you think should take the lessons, LET THE MISSIONARIES KNOW!
DO YOU DRIVE THE CAR MORE OFTEN THAN YOUR COMPANION?
I always drive. One companion is chosen as "the driver," and since I had a flawless driving record, they chose me!
DO YOU MISS THE DOGS AT ALL? [EMILY'S QUESTION.]
Yes. A lot, actually.
IS THERE ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR YOU NEED, OR WISH YOU HAD? IF SO, WHAT?
Yes. More slacks and short sleeve white shirts. Please!
ARE YOUR SHOES TIED AT THE MOMENT? [LIAM'S QUESTION.]
Yes. Liam is a cobrademon.
WHAT, CURRENTLY, IS YOUR FAVORITE SNACK?
White cheezits. I get to have ALL of them. I don't have to give any to Kyle. Whohoooo! Just kidding, Kyle.
WHAT WERE YOU DOING RIGHT BEFORE YOU OPENED THIS PACKAGE? [LIAM'S QUESTION.]
Planning for tomorrow.
IS THERE ANYTHING STUCK IN YOUR TEETH RIGHT NOW THAT YOU CAN'T GET OUT? [LIAM'S QUESTION.]
No. Once again, Liam is a cobrademon.
HAVE YOU GAINED WEIGHT SINCE YOU LEFT ON YOUR MISSION?
Yes. I'm 165 now.
WILL YOU EVER EAT BROWNIES AGAIN?
Yes. Even the ones with laxatives were good, they just made me sick. I still like brownies!
IN ONE WORD, HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THIS WEEK? [LIAM'S QUESTION.]
Fantastic.
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN THREATENED BY ANYONE? [R.J.'s question.]
No. No death threats or anything, but we've had people yell at us to get off their porch and never come back. That kind of sucked.
WHAT TIME DO YOU NORMALLY WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Usually between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m. Never any later than that, though.
DO YOU GET TO SLEEP IN ON P-DAYS? [EMILY'S QUESTION.]
No.
WHAT DOES THE "P" IN P-DAY STAND FOR ANYWAY? IS IT PREPARATION OR PERSONAL? OR BOTH?
Play-day. Just kidding. It's preparation day.
CAN YOU FEEL LOVE IN YOUR HEART? [KATHRYN'S QUESTION.]
Yes. You have no idea.
DO YOU PLAY SPORTS WITH YOUR COMPANIONS?
Yes. Basketball almost every morning.
ARE NON-MEMBERS OR INVESTIGATORS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT PROP 8 OR BOYD K. PACKERS TALK?
No. Actually, I've never had anyone say anything about either of those.
WHAT IS THE MOST DOMESTIC THING YOU'RE PROUD YOU CAN DO?
Dishes. The ones here are easy compared to what I used to do at home.
[Mom's sidenote: HUH?]
TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR MISSION THAT YOU NEVER EXPECTED TO HAPPEN.
I never thought I could love people that are sometimes complete strangers. I feel such love for the people out here, even the ones I don't know.
DO YOU HAVE A BAD CASE OF THE GOUT? [R.J.'S QUESTION.]
Yes. That's why I wear these brown orthopedic shoes.
ARE YOU HAPPY?
Yes. I am without a doubt the happiest I've ever been in my life.
DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE BUSY ENOUGH?
No. I always wish we had more people to teach. That way we could do less tracting and more teaching.
IS TIME GOING BY RELATIVELY QUICKLY?
Yes. Time is FLYING by. It feels like I walked in the MTC two weeks ago.
CAN I KEEP GIVING YOU HUGS? [KYLE'S QUESTION.]
You can ALWAYS give me hugs. FOREVER.
RIGHT NOW, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SCRIPTURE?
John 16:32-33
WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHEN YOU GET BACK FROM YOUR MISSION? [LIAM'S QUESTION.]
Sleep for three weeks. I'm always tired--all the time. I have't been fully energized since I got to the MTC.
ARE YOUR SHOES HOLDING UP OKAY?
Yes. I doubt they will last the whole mission, though.
DO YOU EVERY BEAT BOX FOR YOUR COMPANIONS? [R.J.'S QUESTION.]
Yes.
IF SO, DOES HE RAP ALONG WITH IT?
Yes. Seriously, one of the Elders I lived with loves rap. When I told him I could beat box, he told me to give him a beat, and he rapped to it. He even recorded some.
ARE YOU JUST SO GLAD THIS SURVEY IS OVER?
No. I think these are great. Keep sending 'em.
IS THERE A QUESTION YOU HAVE FOR US RIGHT NOW?
Is there anything I could improve on? Or is there anything you wish I was doing for you that I'm not?
Elder Hunsaker
No comments:
Post a Comment