EGH SLIDESHOW
Monday, November 1, 2010
All Things Denote there is a God
Greetings from California! Things have been going amazingly well this week. We have been teaching this inactive member named Alfred B________. He was baptized over thirty years ago and he wants to turn his life around. We taught him a few lessons in his home, and even though his wife and granddaughter (who aren't members) were only a few feet away in the other room, they weren't the slightest bit interested in learning from us. We taught him the restoration lesson and left him with a copy of the restoration DVD; in addition to inviting him to pray to know if our message was true. The next time we went there to teach him, he said: "Hey guys, I was wondering if my family could join our lessons. I showed the the restoration DVD and we watched it three times together. They want to know more and I was wondering if we could go over the restoration again for them." Elder Dominguez and I were blown away. We taught the restoration again and the spirit was powerful. We invited them to pray and ask God if our message was true, and they said they would. What a miracle. God truly has been working miracles here in Ridgecrest. I know that had very much to do with your faith and prayers. I have been feeling of your strength and love, especially when times have been hard. Thank you so much for all that you do. It means more to me than I know how to express. I can honestly say that I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Lastly I would like to leave you my testimony, that not one of you has thrown away your last chance. Our Father in heaven NEVER gives up on us, no matter what we do or say. The very fact that we have been given an Atonement and Savior, shows us just how much He loves us and trusts us. He has not given up on you. He never will. I promise you that. I know, without any shadow of a doubt, that this gospel is true. I have had many people out here tell me that I can't possibly know these things. Well, if you could prove God existed, people would have to be insane to not believe in Him, which would undermine Faith and the Plan of Salvation. That being said, I am as sure as I have ever been about anything in my life, that we have a Father in Heaven. We have a Savior, Jesus Christ. All they want is for us to return to live with them someday, and they work tirelessly to help us achieve that goal. We are not an accident. We are here for a reason; to learn, to love, and to grow. I hope you have been able to see the hand of the Lord in your life this week, because I definitely have. If we all just stop to look around for a minute, we will see that "All things denote there is a God." (Alma 30:44) The Lord loves you all, and so do I. Have an amazing week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment