EGH SLIDESHOW
Monday, October 18, 2010
The Spirit's Guidance
Hey everyone! Things are really starting to pick up over here! We found several new investigators this week and had some amazing lessons with them. We also had a bunch of less-active and recent convert lessons. This was the best week I've had since I've gotten to Ridgecrest. I'm so grateful to the Lord for leading us to these people and for the Spirit's guidance when we taught them. I can always feel when I have the spirit with me. There are times when I do, and also times when I don't. When I do, I just have thoughts come into my mind and I can feel that they are what the Lord wants that person to hear. One thing I have learned, when you just listen to people, really listen, you will know what to say. It will be given to you by the spirit. When you stress and think about what you're going to say next after your companion is done talking, your mind will be blank (had to learn that one the hard way unfortunately). I would challenge all of you to listen to the spirit more carefully; its something we all need to work on, especially me. When missionary opportunities arise for you (and they will if you look for them), listen with your heart, and the Holy Ghost will literally put words in your mouth. I had one person we taught this week tell us: "You are definitely inspired men. You somehow knew exactly what I needed to hear even though you had never met me before. Thank you." I know that the Holy Ghost can and will inspire our words, our thoughts, even our very beings if we let Him. Don't forget that He postponed having His body so that He could be with us. Don't shut Him out! He will help us if we let Him. Well, I love you all. Thank you for all that you do each day to build up the kingdom of God; whether it be in your church callings or in your homes with your children, you are making a difference in our Father's world. Hope you have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment