EGH SLIDESHOW

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Letter We Received from Ridgecrest

Dear Sister Crow,

I have thoroughly been uplifted by your son's service here in Ridgecrest. Elder Hunsaker has really been a diligent missionary and he has personally helped me to come to know my Savior, repentance, forgiveness, and love in a way that no one else has been able to help me see. His great wisdom that has come from so much pain; trials of his family w/divorce and struggles has really come to benefit him, me, and others in the process. I too have come from a broken home. I am a ward missionary in his ward now - so we have heard personal testimony often. You would be extremely proud - he is the most wise, devoted, and spiritually prepared missionary I have ever met. I have had this calling twice now! He is an EXCELLENT teacher. He has a GIFT for teaching! If you've never heard him teach before, he bears a powerful witness and knows his scriptures very well. I had to write and tell you how great he has been. It has been an honor to serve with him and for him - as we feed the elders a lot! He is wonderful! He talks about his love for you often in his teachings and how he is so grateful for your strong example and staying active in the church. All that sacrifice - it's so worth it! You should be proud - he is well and the spirit is much felt!

God bless you.

Sincerely,

Sister T_________
[Not using her name for the sake of privacy.]

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I got the chills reading that. Kristyn, you must be so proud. What an amazing man he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what an amazing young man. I know the Lord sent him where he needs to be. He will touch many lives. Congratulations on raising such an outstanding young man! Love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that not do a mother's heart good to hear from someone in the mission field that has been affected by her missionary son. It really makes you feel that you have done the right thing with him in the example that you have set, and the loving patience you have shown. Love having you sharing Garrett's experience with us. Thank you so much. Love, Mom Crow

    ReplyDelete