EGH SLIDESHOW

Monday, July 5, 2010

Email 7/5/10

I can't believe I am actually out in the field! They started me in Rosamond,
a little town in the middle of the desert. It's sooooooooo hot out here. Its
gets to about 115 degrees in the afternoon. Luckily we have an air
conditioned apartment (Most of them aren't). I've been a tiny bit homesick, but I know this is where I need to be. I've been tracting a few times,
and the very first door I knocked on was slammed right in my face. In mid
sentence and everything. I might as well get used to it I guess.

My trainer is named Elder Mallory. He is so great. I'm learning so much out
here. The ward members are SO nice and they've been feeding us every night.

Apparently there was another Elder Hunsaker here about thirty years ago.
Everyone asks me if he was my dad. It's kind of funny. My mission president
is amazing. He is the vice president at Pepsi Co. He is very kind, funny,
loving, and has a powerful testimony of the gospel. I'm excited to get to
know him better. As well as my trainer. It's been hard finding people to
teach, but I won't stop looking. No matter what. I know that there are
people out there who need to hear this message from us and I will look until
I either collapse from exhaustion, or find them.


Its been kind of saddening that nobody seems to want to listen to us. Everyone out here is pretty mad about prop. 8 and stuff. Are there some creative ways to find people that I haven't thought of yet? Don't worry though, I'm doing wonderfully. It's been so greatout here. I've felt the spirit so strongly and my testimony is getting even stronger. I feel like one of the two thousand stripling warriors.

Oh, here's my address out here. If you send things to the mission office it will sometimes take them WEEKS to get it to me because I'm so far away.
So from now on,send letters and stuff to this address:

3400 W. 15th st. #57
Rosamond, CA 93560

With much love,

Elder Garrett Hunsaker

No comments:

Post a Comment