EGH SLIDESHOW

Monday, August 22, 2011

Miracles Around Us

Another transfer is over, and I'm staying in Canoga Park another six weeks with Elder Walker. I'm happy about that, because things are going well here, and we're probably going to be having a baptism in the next few weeks. I'll be sure to keep you all posted on that. We had our monthly meeting with the Stake President yesterday and he said he was pleased with our progress. We have been seeing more and more miracles as we have continued to work. Our most promising investigator came to church yesterday for the first time. One of the members of the ward asked why he had continued to meet with the missionaries and what had attracted him to the church. He said: "I had always heard that Mormon missionaries were really pushy like Jehovah's Witnesses, but these missionaries weren't. They answered my questions and didn't try to push their religion on me. I have felt nothing but goodness from them." I was so happy to hear that. It really made me feel like I was doing my job right. I hope you all are happy and doing well!

Can you believe that It's almost the ten year anniversary of 9/11? I can't believe that was ten years ago. I still remember that day vividly. That was back when I lived in Orem and my mother would always test my blood sugar in the morning before I got up for school. Usually she would test it while I was still asleep, and I would wake up to her telling me what my reading was. I remember that morning I woke up to hearing her say "Oh my gosh... You're kidding me. Are you serious?" Things like that. I was thinking "Oh no... My blood sugar must be REALLY high..." It was really because my Uncle John was calling us about the Trade Center Towers getting hit. That whole day just had a dark feeling about it. Like Satan and his hosts were rejoicing.

The amazing thing is, it may have felt like the forces of evil had won a tremendous victory that day, but really they didn't. The country became more united than it had been in a long time. Petty barriers like race and politics no longer mattered. The whole country realized what was really important. Church attendance was higher than it had been almost ever before, and for a lot of people, families became the most important thing again.

I am grateful that God is good enough, and powerful enough, to take even the worst of tragedies and turn them into miracles. As long as we continue to follow God, evil will never be able to destroy us.

No comments:

Post a Comment