EGH SLIDESHOW
Monday, May 9, 2011
Mothers Day Phone Call Home
Happy Mother's day yesterday! It was such an amazing day for me. I was able to talk to all of the people that I love the most and have made the greatest impact on my life. It was such a wonderful experience. I really can't even describe the joy I felt as I talked with everyone. The only you can really know what I'm talking about is if you have served a mission of your own. I am so lucky to have the family that I do. I know without any shadow of a doubt that families are completely ordained of God, and that He organized us into families so that we could learn how to love, serve, and better understand how our heavenly Father feels about each and every one of us. I love the scripture in Moses 1:39 "For behold, this is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." If you really think about that scripture, God isn't just saying "I like making men able to live forever." He is saying "The thing that brings Me the greatest joy, and the thing that I strive for the most out of everything else I do, is to raise My children, to teach them how to love, and to bring them home again to live with Me forever someday." Yes, God is the almighty ruler of the entire universe, but He is a Father first, and a ruler second. He loves us, and He wants us to find joy and happiness in this life, as well as in the life to come. I can honestly say I have come to know Him much better as I have been out here serving His mission. I love Him, I honor Him, and I will trust Him forever. To all the wonderful mothers and women of the church out there, thank you for everything you have done and continue to do. Your actions do not go unnoticed. They are recorded by angels in heaven. You have made more of a difference than you even realize, and someday, you will look into the eyes of your heavenly Father, and He will personally thank you for helping Him to raise His children. Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment