EGH SLIDESHOW

Monday, April 18, 2011

Bringing About the Lord's Great and Eternal Purposes


This week has been fantastic! I had a baptism on Saturday! It was soooo amazing. I had been teaching this woman in Ridgecrest for almost Seven months, and she was finally baptized on Saturday. I was asked to speak at the baptism, and while I did I couldn't help but cry because the immense joy that I felt. After the ordinance, I talked to her and asked her how she felt. At first she said "A little overwhelmed." I said, "I hope it's a good overwhelmed." When I said that, she paused, and began to get emotional as she said "I feel wonderful. I really do." It really helped remind me of what missionary work is really all about. I am so grateful to my Father in heaven for giving me the opportunity to have been an instrument in His hands. I am sure this woman would have been brought unto Christ eventually; of that I have no doubt, but I got to be a part of it. That is what missionary work is all about for me. We get to be a part of bringing about the Lord's great and eternal purposes: "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." In doing so, we receive blessings and joy that can only be received in doing the will of the Father. It is an honor and a privilege to serve Him.

Also, transfers are today, and I found out that in addition to being district leader for another six weeks, I am going to be training a brand new missionary fresh from the MTC! I am now going to have two leadership callings at once. Man, I'm going to be busy. It is kind of bizarre to me that I am going to be training a new missionary now. I feel like I was just in his shoes a few days ago. The time sure flies. Anyway, I am very excited to be able to train him and help him become the missionary he is going to be for the rest of his mission. I don't know anything about him yet, I get to meet him Tuesday! I'm sure he will be a great guy.

As we approach this easter Sunday, I hope we can all remember what it is really about. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, rose from the dead so that we could also do so when we pass on. He was lifted up unto death so we could be lifted up unto life. I am so grateful to him for doing that for us, for me. It means more than I know how to express. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!

1 comment: