EGH SLIDESHOW

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Book of Mormon as the Foundation of Your Testimony of the Gospel

We had a baptism on Thursday!!! The spirit was so strong there. The man who we baptized was referred by a woman who he is now engaged to! She spoke about Baptism at the service, and at the end she said to him. "When I asked you to take the discussions to find out more about what I believed, I never thought you would join. I'm so proud of you." It was such a great experience. It was one of those moments where I felt like I was really doing my job. I am so grateful that the Lord led us to him, and prepared him for us so that he could make the commitment to be baptized. We have three more people who we are planning to baptize in the near future as well. I just want you all to know that I know with all of my heart, that this is the Lord's church. This is the exact same church that Christ Himself set up while He was on the earth over 2000 years ago. I know this because of the Book of Mormon. I have read it, and prayed about it. Without a doubt that book is the word of God. It has brought untold peace and happiness into my life. Every time I read it, I get the same feeling of peace and the spiritual reassurance that everything will be okay. That Book should be the foundation of all of our testimonies, because it can literally serve as a shield against anything the adversary can throw at us. If your testimony of the church is based on something else, like "Well, my family goes to church, so I guess I'll too." Or even if you believe the church is true because you love the bishop and you believe he is an inspired man, what happens when you are living on your own and your family isn't going to church with you anymore? What happens when the bishop gets released and a new one is called who you don't like as much? The foundation of your testimony will be shaken. However, if your testimony is based on the Book of Mormon, then no matter what happens, if somebody offends you, if your bishop were released, if Satan himself threw everything in his cruel arsenal at you, you could still say "I know that the Book of Mormon is true, so it doesn't matter what anyone else says or what else happens. That Book is true." Elder Holland said that the Book of Mormon could be considered "'A stone of stumbling... A rock of offense...' A barrier, in the path of one who wishes not to believe in this work." If the foundation of your testimony is the Book of Mormon, then your foundation will always stand, even if the rest of your house has been blown over and burned up by the fiery darts of the adversary. I know this to be true. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment