Hey everyone! Things are going pretty well for me! I had my first baptisms yesterday! It was such an incredible experience. I didn't actually baptize the girls, their grandfather did. Just being there was amazing though. The spirit was so strong and one of the girls (Shelby was her name) was crying with joy. Whenever she introduced us to members of her family, she would say "these are my missionaries." That felt so amazing. I was one of her missionaries. I've always wanted to be that for somebody. I've always wanted make that difference in someone's life, by helping them come unto Christ and receive all the joy and blessings of the Atonement. Now I have. I can't wait for more experiences like that. The other big news is that I'm getting transferred today! From now on, I will be in a place called Ridgecrest. It's even deeper into the desert. I'm kind of bummed that I'm getting transferred so quickly cause I feel like I just got here and finally got to know everyone in the ward. Oh well, I guess that's just how life goes sometimes. My new companion will be Elder Jenkins. I've actually been out on exchanges with him before, he seems like a great guy. I hope and pray I will be able to continue to do good work in Ridgecrest. I hope everyone's doing well!
Its funny, you mentioned how I'm getting near the "crash" part of my mission, but I don't feel depressed or homesick hardly at all. I mean, I miss everyone a lot, but I've never thought "I wish I was home." I love it out here. I feel like I was born to do this. I mean, I'm sure things will get harder, but I know this where I'm supposed to be. As I mentioned earlier when Shelby said "These are my missionaries", that was the greatest feeling in the world. I wouldn't trade this for anything. Don't worry mom, I'm about as close to heaven as I can be right now; I'm just excited to see what's coming next.
Well, I'd better run. Tell everyone I said hi.
[Note from Kristyn: These emails he sends home are actually three times as long as these posts, but he lets me know what he wants me to make public.]
hi elder hunsaker how are you its been so long since ive seen you and yes you and elder mallory are still my missionaries and im a stronge member i only missed about 4 weeks since ive been a member and im so happy that you gave me the oppratunity to sit there and listen and egkownledge he gospel i hope you come back and visit the rosamond ward well alls i can say is thank you and in two months ill be a member for a year so ill talk to you later
ReplyDeletesincerly shelby blair
p.s your the best missionary :]